Each year we recognize someone in the community who lives a life with the same dreams and aspirations as Isabella and who is trying to make a difference in the world. This year we were excited to recognize three, as we found it difficult to pick just one. Each of these three individuals have given back to their Charlotte community in different ways and we are super grateful to have them support ISF and other local non-profits.
- Jackson was Diagnosed with type 2 diabetes at 11. His mom, Tammy, backed out of running the Charlotte Half Marathon due to his medical condition. The following year (when he was 12), Jackson knew that she had backed out the year before so he asked if he could run it with her.
- On Saturday mornings for 4 months-while all other teenagers were sleeping, Jackson was up super early running with the Dream Team on long group runs in honor of Isabella. He finished his first half marathon in two hours and nine minutes in November 2016.
- Jackson has since volunteered at many ISF events to give back and has become re-committed to Isabella’s Dream Team for the 2017 season.
- Lisa has stepped up to take a Leadership role with ISF for our Annual 5K/10K for Kids Cancer Event
- Lisa continues to do selfless acts. In 2016 she won a trip at a charity event and DONATED it back to ISF to make a bigger impact
- Lisa sponsors local businesses that are important to her family on ISF’ s behalf to help further their community impact and help ISF at the same time
- Stephanie supported ISF before ISF was a foundation. From the beginning she would bring the Santos family meals when Isabella was sick, she attends events, raises money, donates money, and continues to volunteer her time and network to help us expand our reach
- Stephanie is not only active within ISF but also supports the Duke Mansion Preservation Society, the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art, our local Mint Museum, Baby Bundles, Friendship Trays and is a member of Good Friends.